Code of Conduct, Dress Code, & Honor Pledge
Southern Virginia University is a private, self-reliant, residential university aligned with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and its principles and values. Our mission is to gather faithful Latter-day Saints and like-minded students, lift them in intellect, character, and spirituality, and launch them into successful lives and careers.
Code of Conduct
- Be trustworthy and keep promises
- Live a chaste and virtuous life, including abstaining from sexual relations outside of marriage
- Abstain from alcohol, tobacco, marijuana, vaping, and any form of substance abuse
- Be honest in all things
- Obey the law and follow university policies
- Do not cheat, steal, or plagiarize
- Be kind and treat all people with dignity and respect
- Use clean language free from profanity, vulgarity, and discriminatory speech
- Do not abuse, bully, harass, or discriminate against others
Our dress and appearance should be clean, respectful, and appropriate for the occasion.
I have read the Code of Conduct and Dress Code of Southern Virginia University and appreciate that it is a privilege to be part of a community that strives to live by these principles.
I acknowledge that violations of the Code of Conduct or Dress Code that are deliberate, repeated, and egregious will result in referral to the Office of the Dean of Students and may result in appropriate action from the University.
On my honor as a student at Southern Virginia University I will sincerely strive to live by the University’s Code of Conduct and Dress Code.